Monday, February 04, 2008


SHELDON BROWN 1944-2008

I feel that I needed to post something about Sheldon Brown on my site because though I only had the chance to encounter him through email two weeks ago, his site is truly one that all cyclists have gone to, need to go to, and will continue to go to for all their cycling needs because of the wealth of information. It was Sheldon's articles about fixed-gear riding that actually convinced me to try fixed-gear riding out for myself. When I got the bug and started riding my fixed-gear exclusively because of my joy I emailed him immediately. He responded and I got the connection with him. I found out through the flicker website through a contact - richardmasoner. This is an extremely HUGE loss to the cycling community. I for one, hope that someone will continue his web site.

God speed and rubber side down friend.

No comments: